I Moved To Oaxaca

Saturday, May 01, 2004

Yesterday I decided to get a jump on my movie-viewing, as I don't expect to do any from the trail. So I took the bus out to Cinepolis to see Hidalgo -- or, as it's called here, Oceano de Fuego. I'm a little surprised they changed the name of the movie; maybe Hidalgo is just too important a name to associate with a horse. (Fray Hidalgo gave the shout -- "Death to the Spaniards!" -- that started the Revolution, and El Grito (the shout) is celebrated every September.) Anyway. I got in line and saw that O de F was playing on two screens; one had the dreaded "(Español)" after it, which means it's dubbed instead of subtitled. So I asked for a ticket to see O de F "en Ingles" but the cajera said, no, they were both doblado en Español. Rats! Okay, what else ... Peter Pan? Doblado. Hmm. No way I'm going to see Scooby Doo 2 or The Girl Next Door ... okay, how 'bout Underworld? Subtitulo? Great, one ticket please.

Underworld, aka Inframundo, was ... well. I created a new review category for it, how about that? Vampires, werewolves, a totally RPG plot (and a totally Dungeons & Dragons, mixed-up setting) -- it should be easy to make a cheesy yet entertaining for $3 movie. Go figure. I see in the Internet Movie Database there's an untitled Underworld sequel slated for '05. Bring back Blade, I say!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home