I Moved To Oaxaca

Friday, April 30, 2004

Had lunch with Judy yesterday, who gave me the scoop on Chicken Place: they moved! Somewhere down the street, still on Garcia Vigil, but we haven't quite found where exactly, and the cardboard sign they posted at the old location blew away in one of our recent rainstorms.

Tomorrow we celebrate Labor Day -- or Workers Day, or May Day. I don't remember what appelation Mexico applies to this most Marxist of holidays. I only know that they don't celebrate it in September. But like everywhere else, we're going to celebrate it by not working. Granted, I've been doing a lot of that lately, but still. I think we will widen our celebration to include a viewing of Zapata, which opens today down in Gringolandia. The trailer kicks ass, so we don't care that it will be entirely in (undoubtedly) rapid-fire Spanish, we're going!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home