I Moved To Oaxaca

Monday, December 08, 2003

The Cinepolis flyer at work said the theater is showing 21 Grams and Kill Bill: Vol. 1 this week. It’s also showing Gigli, Spy Kids 3D, and Loony Toons, but I don’t want to spend my pesos on that crap. I’d rather spend it on The Deadly Viper Assassin Squad crap. Now, Greg’s not too keen on some genres of movies, and I thought Kill Bill might fall in his Do Not See Under Penalty of Depression category, so on Sunday I left him working on his novel to drive out to Gringolandia. I planned to get to Cinepolis on the early side, because the printed show times never match the actual showtimes. So I looked at the Barbies on sale at the department store next to the theater for an hour, then went in to see the movie. I walked in the theater and heard “hey teacher!” float down out of the darkness. “Hey there … is that you, Elvia?” And it was: one of my students from my MW class. She even came down to chat with me while we waited for the movie to start.

I think I’m going to have to see Kill Bill a second time, because I’m not sure if it’s a B or a C. And, was that the theme to the TV show Police Woman that played whenever The Bride was getting in killing mode? And, if I may slip deeper into geek mode a moment, the Klingons never said “revenge is a dish best served cold,” that was Khan. Did I miss the joke?

I’ve given up on Walden. If somebody has anything positive to say about it, I’d sure like to hear it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home