I Moved To Oaxaca

Saturday, November 29, 2003

Who doesn't like to be at work at 7:30am on a Saturday? I know I do.

I must share this tidbit from yesterday: I make flashcards using pictures cut out from old People magazines and use them in my classes. The kids love them, even though they mostly don't recognize the celebrities. I filled in for a teacher yesterday, and this group of 9-12 yr olds all knew who Avril Lavigne was, and Tobey Maguire kind of (Peter Parker!), and Homer Simpson and Jimmy Neutron, but not Colin Farrell or Queen Latifah or Halle Berry or Angelina Jolie. So when a card came up with a person they didn't recognize, I just had them make up a name. Colin Farrel became Arnold Schwartzenegger and Jason Biggs turned into ... Michael Jackson. I just about died.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home