I Moved To Oaxaca

Friday, November 21, 2003

Driving to the countryside in a bit, but I wanted to mention last night's movie, Once Upon A Time In Mexico. I saw El Mariachi when it came out, and thought it was okay. Didn't see the second one. Once Upon A Time in Mexico is the third installment, and we had a blast. The movie dialog is about half in Spanish and half in English. It was a lot funnier than I thought it was going to be, for one thing. For another, it was several minutes after the movie switched into Spanish before I realized that people were speaking a language I don't, AND I could follow about half the dialog, so I'm chuffed. Especially after the last couple of weeks thinking that I'm an idiot because after four months I still can't speak Spanish and thinking that I'd be down here for years without ever learning it. And, it's hard to go wrong with Antonio Banderas, Johnny Depp, and Willem Dafoe (and Salma Hayek!) all in one movie.

We found more of that delicious ham at Pitico. No decent rolls for sandwiches, but we've got the ham.

Had sopa Azteca and sueros down at the crowded zocalo last night and people-watched. A nice day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home