I Moved To Oaxaca

Friday, November 14, 2003

Well, Sam's Club was as horrific as I imagined. I never did see any pickle relish, though they do have tofu, and 8.4kg blocks of cheese, and bags of Krusteaz as big as a bag of cat litter. That's an awful lot of exquisite pancakes.

Thankfully, we brought the wool blankets with us after all. Greg said they were in the closet. And what do you know? We're sleeping soundly at night now. All nice and toasty.

I've had a jones lately for tamales. We got some really good chicken mole tamales wrapped in banana leaves instead of corn husks, right around Day of the Dead. But we haven't see Tamale Lady since. Tamale Lady, where are you! Donut Lady is still around, Elote Lady is almost always on the Llano, the Candy Man, too, with an array of dulces tradicionales, aka mysterious-looking sweets in strange colors and shapes, but that are generally pretty good.

Okay, I'm off to the Friday market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home