I Moved To Oaxaca

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

My 200th post! It's a slow and boring week for such a milepost, I'm sad to say. No movies, no excitement, no work hardly (though that changes tomorrow when I get a 7a-8a class to go with my 8p-9p students). However, G stopped by at Ceviarem today to chat with Jorge. After 14 months in Oaxaca we are friendly and sometimes socialize with one family: Marcos and his wife Osvelia and her brother Jorge and his wife Barbara. So whaddya know but that Osvelia and Jorge used to live in San Juan del Rio! Yeah, when they were kids their dad was the town doctor. Jorge was pretty surprised we'd been there, and had seen the for want of a better term I'll call the town's offering stone. This morning he told G some stories about San Juan that had us shaking our heads in disbelief -- but I'll let him tell the story. Keep checking his blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home